Poor crops particularly in Madagascar have pushed prices to 5 year highs today. Prices almost doubled in 2013. Most speculators believe there are more price rises coming up.
- Govt expects onion output to rise 7%; sees fall in fruits, spice production January 27, 2020
- Govt planning to launch National Mission on Edible Oil in the near future January 21, 2020
- CACP recommends dual price policy for sugar trade for farmers’ benefit January 15, 2020
- After a sharp rise in Dec, vegetable prices moderate in Jan on availability January 14, 2020
- Kharif production likely to decline due to heavy post-monsoon showers January 13, 2020