Most Indian spices are harvested in February and the crop outlook looks generally good. With good tonnages coming up, most buyers are holding off purchasing until prices seem to have eased back far enough. Speculation says that turmeric is looking short and prices will rise: coriander is shorter this year and prices will remain high: Cumin is going to be a big crop and prices will crash.
- Govt expects onion output to rise 7%; sees fall in fruits, spice production January 27, 2020
- Govt planning to launch National Mission on Edible Oil in the near future January 21, 2020
- CACP recommends dual price policy for sugar trade for farmers’ benefit January 15, 2020
- After a sharp rise in Dec, vegetable prices moderate in Jan on availability January 14, 2020
- Kharif production likely to decline due to heavy post-monsoon showers January 13, 2020