Eastern Europe’s crops last year in August, we the worst for many years and prices have essentially doubled in the last 5 months. The Russian crop was almost 80% less than the previous year ( 2012 ) and sparked the rally. Indian coriander is available at lower prices, but the volatile oil is poor and guarantees on pesticides limited.
- Govt expects onion output to rise 7%; sees fall in fruits, spice production January 27, 2020
- Govt planning to launch National Mission on Edible Oil in the near future January 21, 2020
- CACP recommends dual price policy for sugar trade for farmers’ benefit January 15, 2020
- After a sharp rise in Dec, vegetable prices moderate in Jan on availability January 14, 2020
- Kharif production likely to decline due to heavy post-monsoon showers January 13, 2020