Pepper prices reached an all-time high at the end of 2013, to then ease back in early January by about 10% to 15%. The estimate for Vietnam’s new crop towards the end of February, looks set to be a record 145,000 mt or more. With such a good crop for the third year in a row, speculators discounted the current stock and the market fell from highs in December. Currently, the market has bounced by around $200 per mt, as buyers are entering the market and stockists are not selling in large quantities to the exporters.
- Turmeric arrival decreases May 22, 2018
- Re-exporters allowed to import pepper May 22, 2018
- Crude oil futures up at Rs 4,945 per barrel May 22, 2018
- Oil prices edge up on Venezuela, Iran supply worries May 22, 2018
- Sudden spurt in sugar market May 21, 2018