Most Indian spices are harvested in February and the crop outlook looks generally good. With good tonnages coming up, most buyers are holding off purchasing until prices seem to have eased back far enough. Speculation says that turmeric is looking short and prices will rise: coriander is shorter this year and prices will remain high: Cumin is going to be a big crop and prices will crash.
- Codex meet to draft standards for spices, herbs January 20, 2019
- Sugar prices decline January 18, 2019
- Global black tea output up 3.1 per cent in 2018 January 18, 2019
- Pulses see mixed trend January 18, 2019
- Oil up 1% on OPEC cuts, hopes of easing US-China trade tensions January 18, 2019